Lets explain how Linear Bearings work
Linear Bearings slide on a Linear Axis in a straight line. Because they are a bearing it allows you to move a significant amount of weight in a linear motion with great ease. The Linear Bearing takes all the weight without restricting the linear motion of the object, hence the name.
Linear Bearing slide rails provide accurate, stable, and smooth linear guidance under a wide range of speeds, loads, conditions and space requirements. Linear Bearings are used in applications that require linear motion of heavy weights in a repeatable motion.
We offer different style Linear Bearings to suit most applications, from the mini to the larger heavy duty Linear Bearing for heavy weights.
Typical Linear Bearing Specifications:
1. Bearing includes (1) Sliding Bearing Block (Additional sliding blocks can be purchased separately)
2. Standard length blocks and different Rail Lengths. Add Rails together to make very long Linear Bearings.
3. 750 lbs Max Loading per sliding block for the heavy duty Linear Bearing, down to 220lbs load for the mini series. Add more sliders to reduce weight if required.
4. Temperature range -20 ~ 80℃
5. High load capabilities
6. Carbon steel rails as well and carbon steel bearings
7. Tapped mounting holes on the sliding block
9. Frequent through holes for rail mounting.
10. Very affordable and versatile, ideal for many applications from Home Automation to Industrial Automation
How do Linear Bearings slide ?
Below is a short Video introducing 2 sizes of our most popular Linear Bearings to give you an idea on the scale and how they work. The size of these bearings are very different as their weight capacities differ significantly so its important to select the correct size.
How to Adjust Linear Bearings
In this Tutorial, we show you how to adjust the central bearing on Firgelli Automation's heavy duty (FA-SGR-35) and mini linear track rail (FA-SGR-15N). Adjusting the tension of your slide rails may be an important detail that needs to be carefully controlled. We go into detail on how to achieve this.
Step by Step guide to adjusting the Friction on a Linear Bearing
Please follow the following steps to adjust the center bearing of the carriage in the linear slide rail: