When you need to know the exact positioning of your actuators, the Optical Feedback series is what you want. This actuator comes with a built-in optical sensor that provides feedback when you need it. The Optical Feedback has no built-in controller, but does provide single-phase pulses as a feedback signal that can be input to an external controller such as an Arduino.
To move between 2 and 4 synchronized actuators, we recommend our dedicated control board, the FA-SYNC-X. A video tutorial on how to use this product is available here.
CAD models of this actuator can be found under Resources/3D Files. For further information review the specifications and technical drawings down below or visit our tutorials page for instructions on how to use this actuator with switches, remotes, speed controllers, and Arduino.
35 lbs. model not currently compatible with SYNC-X boxes.
Features and Benefits
- 10 hole optical encoder disk for the 200lbs and 400lbs units
- 4 slotted optical encoder disk for the 35lbs units
- 20 pulse/inch of stroke for the 35lbs (+/-5 pulses)
- 100 pulses/inch of stoke for the 200lbs and 400lbs units
- Internal limit switches automatically shut off the unit at the end of the stroke - This protects you and your equipment from possible damage.
- Huge range of stoke options as standard: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, and 30 inches are available - Gives you more flexibility.
- 3 Force options - 35lbs 200lbs and 400lbs for greater flexibility
- Maintenance-free - Gives you more free time to do more important things
- Accessories sold separately include: Remote Controls - Switches - Micro-Controllers - Power Supplies
- Variable Speed control - Use FA-SC2 to have full control over speed
Fits with the MB1-P bracket
- Fits with FA-OS-IMD3 Base mounting Bracket to convert to Column Lift style Actuator except 400 lbs force.
- Fits with MB10 Rod End Bracket
|Dynamic Force||35 lbs||200 lbs||400 lb|
|Static Force||200 lbs||500 lbs||800 lbs|
|Synchronous Capability||Yes, the 200 lb. & 400lb., with our Sync Control Board or a Microcontroller|
|Sound Rating||20 dB over Ambient|
|Max Draw||5 A|
|Clevis End||1/4" diameter|
|Operational Temperature||-26°C/65°C (-15°F/150°)|
|Limit Switch||Built-in, non-adjustable (factory preset)|
|Wire Length||2.5 feet|
|Wire Gauge||Motor wires 18. Sensor wires 20|
Optical Feedback Linear Actuator Review
Optical vs Classic Feedback Linear Actuator Review
Conversion to Column Actuator video
3D Model Downloads (.STEP)
35lb and 240lb Force
Click here to view our wiring diagram generator to help you set up your actuator systemWiring Diagram Generator
Click here to see our tutorial on how to set up an arduino with our feedback actuators.