External Limit-Switch Microswitch Kit for Actuators
External limit switch kit. To understand how limit switches work and how to wire them up we made a blog post with some instructions on how to do this. Click here to read our article on How to wire an Actuator with an External limit switch.
It is sometimes not possible to source a linear actuator which has the exact stroke length which you require, and sometimes the stroke length will vary with use. Firgelli Automations provides a solution for this, where you can purchase one actuator and shorten its stroke from factory by adding an external limit switch (Microswitch). These switches are very simple to hook up and will stop the actuator from moving past a set position. You will need a crimping tool or soldering iron, and heat shrink tube/electrical tape for insulation.
When procuring an actuator, this is typically a good investment in case the stroke needs to be adjusted once installed, and a replacement actuator is not feasible.
- 12 feet of 18 Gage black wire
- 12 feet of 18 Gage red wire
- 2 external limit switches (Micro switches with pre soldered diodes on the back)
- 10 spade connectors (male and female)
- 2 fuse blocks with 10AMP fuse installed
Limit Switch Details:
- Rating 3a 125 VAC
- Type of Contact: SPDT
- Insulation Resistance: 100 MΩ min. (@ 500V DC)
- Contact Resistance: 15 mΩ max.
- Temperature Range: ﹣25℃ TO + 80℃
Click here to view our wiring diagram generator to help you set up your actuator systemWiring Diagram Generator
Click here to see our tutorial on how to wire an external limit switch kit.How to wire external limit switch kit