DIY TV Lift Mechanism Description
Build your own Drop down TV Or Appliance garage system using our Kit. We have created this DIY TV Lift Mechanism Kit or garage appliance kit, that enables you to make your own mechanism. The kit uses one of our Delux Linear Actuators, and a pulley system. Watch the video to see how that was made and the steps taken. To order the correct size kit simply measure the height of the TV or appliance garage you want to drop down plus any extra room you wish to add.
This Kit can very well be used for many other applications too, including a drop down appliance garage lift in a kitchen. Imagine dropping down that blender so that its out of view when not in use making it easier to clean the kitchen counter tops and also gives the kitchen a cleaner neater look. This kit enables you to basically lift and drop down anything you like.
The principle of the system is very simple. A Linear Actuator is placed somewhere hidden in your cabintry, in our example we placed it horizontal to the top of the kitchen cabinets where its out of sight. The linear Actuator is remotely controlled (included with the kit), or uses a rocker switch that can be mounted and hidden into a cabinet/wall etc (sold separately). The Actuator is connected to a pulley cable (also included) and the cable is connected to a vertical drawer or tv or something silimar thats attatched to slide rails (drawer slides) to give you smooth even controlled vertical motion. The drawer slides (also included) have a stroke longer than the Actuators to make it easy for the integration.
- Firgelli Delux Linear Actuator, the stroke will match whatever option you select here. Typically you match the stroke of the actuator to how far you want to move your TV or other objects.
- Pair of Linear Drawer Slides. These will come in a longer stroke than you need to make it easy for installation.
- MB3U Bracket. This is to fit at the top of the cabinet to guide the pulley cable correctly
- MB3 Bracket. This bracket is to attach the Linear Actuator to the top of the cabinet or in the ceiling or wherever else you are installing it
- Power Supply. This is a plug-in the wall power supply and gives you 12vdc output which is what the actuator and the remote control requires
- 2-Channel Remote Control. This provides you with the RF wireless remote to your drop-down TV Lift mechanism.
- Pulley kit. This coated cable can take a lot of weight and is more than tough enough to carry the largest of TVs. It includes 2 cable clamps to clamp the cable as shown in the video and even a pulley in case you need to angle the cable in a different direction.
*For larger sizes, you will need to install a total of 4 drawer slides due to weight
Note: 1-week processing