Children are full of creativity and ingenuity, and a 7-year-old girl recently demonstrated this when she installed a 12V electric linear actuator into her ottoman. The actuator allowed the ottoman to open and close automatically, making it easier for her to access her belongings and reducing the amount of manual labor required for chores. This blog will explore the steps taken by the young girl to complete this project and the benefits that came with it.
Step 1: Designing the Project
The first step in any successful project is to design it, and the 7-year-old girl did just that. She had the idea of automating her ottoman so that it would open and close automatically with the push of a button. She began by researching the different types of linear actuators that were available and how they could be used for her project. She also consulted with her parents to ensure that the project was safe and feasible.
Step 2: Choosing the Right Actuator
After researching the different types of linear actuators, the young girl decided to use a 12V electric linear actuator. This type of actuator was ideal for her project because it could be easily controlled with a push-button switch, which she could install in the ottoman. The 12V electric actuator was also powerful enough to lift the lid of the ottoman and hold it in place while she retrieved her belongings.
Step 3: Installation
The installation process involved several steps, but the young girl was determined to complete the project on her own. She began by measuring the dimensions of the ottoman and cutting a hole in the lid for the actuator to fit through. She then attached the actuator to the underside of the lid and secured it in place with screws.
Next, she wired the actuator to a push-button switch and installed the switch in a convenient location on the ottoman. She also connected the actuator to a power source, in this case, a 12V battery.
Step 4: Testing and Adjustments
Once the actuator was installed, the young girl tested it to ensure that it was working properly. She made some adjustments to the wiring and the placement of the actuator to ensure that it was opening and closing smoothly.
What the Entire video below:
The young girl's project had several benefits. First and foremost, it made her chores much easier. She no longer had to struggle to lift the heavy lid of the ottoman every time she needed to access her belongings. Instead, she could simply push a button, and the lid would open and close automatically.
Additionally, the project helped to develop the young girl's problem-solving skills and encouraged her to take on new challenges. She learned about linear actuators, wiring, and basic electrical principles, all of which will be valuable skills throughout her life.
What other ways could elecrtric linear actuators be used to make chores easier?
Electric linear actuators have a wide range of applications that can make chores easier and more efficient. Here are some possible ways in which electric linear actuators can be used to make chores easier:
- Automated Cabinet and Drawer Systems: Electric linear actuators can be used to create automated cabinet and drawer systems that open and close automatically. This can be particularly helpful for individuals with mobility issues or for those who struggle with opening and closing heavy cabinets and drawers.
- Lifting Heavy Objects: Electric linear actuators can be used to lift heavy objects, such as furniture or appliances, making it easier to move them around during cleaning or rearrangement.
- Automatic Door Openers: Electric linear actuators can be used to create automatic door openers, allowing individuals to open and close doors without the need to use their hands or physically push or pull the door.
- Adjustable Height Desks: Electric linear actuators can be used to create adjustable height desks, allowing individuals to adjust the desk height to their preferred level. This can be particularly helpful for individuals who need to alternate between sitting and standing while working.
- Automated Window Blinds: Electric linear actuators can be used to create automated window blinds, allowing individuals to open and close their blinds with the push of a button. This can be particularly helpful for those with hard-to-reach windows or for those who are unable to physically operate the blinds.
- Automatic Clothes Hanger Systems: Electric linear actuators can be used to create automatic clothes hanger systems that lift and lower clothes from a higher storage location to a lower one. This can be particularly helpful for individuals who have limited storage space or for those who struggle with reaching high storage areas.
- Automated Pet Feeders: Electric linear actuators can be used to create automated pet feeders that dispense food at designated times. This can be particularly helpful for individuals who have busy schedules or who may be unable to physically feed their pets.
Overall, electric linear actuators have the potential to make a wide range of chores easier and more efficient, and their versatility makes them a valuable tool for individuals looking to streamline their household tasks.
In conclusion, the young girl's project to install a 12V electric linear actuator into her ottoman was an impressive feat that demonstrated her creativity and determination. Through careful research, planning, and execution, she was able to complete the project on her own and reap the benefits of her hard work. This project is a reminder of the potential that children have to be innovative and solve problems, and it serves as an inspiration to others to take on new challenges and pursue their interests.
Check out our Ottoman Linear Actuators hereClick here